Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In memoriam: Evangeline Candy











Evangeline Aker Candy, pictured here with sons Jim and John and granddaughter Jennifer, passed away two months ago (January 25th) in Toronto East General Hospital. Her sister Fran Aker, with whom she had been living for many years, and her son Jim were at her side in her final days.

She also leaves behind her brother Ken Aker and his wife Barbara, her daughter-in-law Rose Hobor Candy and her grandchildren from John's marriage to Rose: Jennifer and Christopher. "Her kind spirit and generous smile will be missed by all," reads a statement from her family.

Funeral services were held on January 28th at St. Maria Goretti Roman Catholic Church and Evangeline was laid to rest at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetary. Source: http://popgoesthenews.com/.

May God bless her soul.

3 comments:

  1. I felt a mixture of sadness and that my curiousity had been lifted in reading this article. I knew that John was 5 years old when he lost his father through a heart attack but I didn't know anything about his mother, so I assumed up to this point, she must have still been alive.
    This was the only colour picture I have seen with her, John and his brother together, and by God don't they look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had the same feeling.

    A few days ago I was running a google search on 'Evangeline Candy' when I found out about the sad news (on the above mentioned blog) that she passed away quite recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rip John and his mom dad and brother love John he was so funny made me laugh alot

    ReplyDelete