Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes (1950-2009)

















John Hughes passed away of a heart attack today. The talented writer, director and producer was 59. He worked with John Candy on several movies like 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles', 'Uncle Buck' and 'Only the Lonely'.

Hughes almost always seemed to make the right choice for John Candy and he could make a movie tailor made for him. Besides Hughes' other successes, like his teen movies or Home Alone and it's sequel, his finest work really is with John Candy.

Farewell, John Hughes. Thanks for all the great movies of which I am sure they will be forever popular.

6 comments:

  1. This came as a great shock to me, as I would think it would to most people. I instantly thought of John Candy, and the John Hughes films he starred in, and, I feel that to loose John Candy is a tragedy, but to loose John Hughes as well is a double tragedy.
    The film industry will never be the same again, and to be honest it hasn't been, since John Hughes retired.
    I hope they're both up there in heaven now, having a good time reminiscing about the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some true remarks, tidzabrad! The world needs those guys! I will soon be updating this blog again with new posts now and then to keep to memory to both Johns alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so shocked when I found out that he died as well.

    His death is one of the ones that affected me the most next to Elvis, John Belushi, Chris Farley, JC himself, Stan Winston, Jim Henson, Steve Irwin and Michael Jackson.

    I miss him.

    Suprisingly the only movie of his i haven't watched yet is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This man was a genius.

    ReplyDelete